[CentOS-docs] Automated listing of translations on each wiki page

Timothy Lee timothy.ty.lee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 01:57:55 EDT 2010

Dear all,

This is a continuation of the discussion on "Link to Chinese translation
in Wiki frontpage" dated 7 May 2009.

To re-cap, I have suggested that the patch in
http://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/ThisPageInOtherLanguages can be used to
automatically generate links to translated pages at bottom right of the
wiki panel.  In addition, I have proposed that the use of a dictionary
to look for translated page names should be dropped from the patch,
since our wiki strictly uses locale prefixes to label translated pages.

To that end, I have cooked up the proposed patch targeted for MoinMoin
1.5.9 (available in CentOS 5.5).  I have uploaded the patch to
http://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/ThisPageInOtherLanguages?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=simpler.patch
.  It is also attached here.

I sincerely hope that the patch can be applied to the official CentOS
wiki, thereby making all translated pages a lot more more accessible to
the public.

Regards,
Timothy Lee