[CentOS-docs] possible additional comment regarding newer PHP

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sat Sep 25 16:36:59 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 04:33:11PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>  rpm -ivh http://rpms/famillecollet.com/enterprise/remi-release-5.rpm
>
> while remi collet's repo isn't official, it's accepted by numerous
> developers as a reliable source of newer PHP packages (5.3.3), so it
> seems that could be added with the appropriate disclaimer.

	We are, for the most part, recommending IUScommunity as the
	repo of choice for php-5.2 and php-5.3 these days on #centos.

	The URL above is also invalid.

							John

--
Live a good life.  If there are gods and they are just, they will not care
how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you

-- Marcus Aurelius (121-180), philosopher and writer