[CentOS-docs] http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/JavaRuntimeEnvironment

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Aug 18 10:52:51 EDT 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>> Makes sense, and I would propose that would replace the current content
>> on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/JavaOnCentOS

> My thoughts exactly !

I am missing something ... a review of google inlinks
indicates this page is widely referenced by third party sites.
Casually blowing this away without preserving at least parts
seems ill considered change for its own sake

The top part by me remains a general and valid description of
a method for getting Oracle's / Sun Java running ... not
perhaps the easiest in light of some later changes, and
perhaps not the 'ight' solution in light of the growth in
maturity of openjdk ... but that

The bottom remains a rotting trainwreck needing maintenance
every time Oracle issues an update ... shocking.  Who could
have predicted that?

-- Russ herrold