[CentOS-docs] Wiki: Howtos/Virtualization/HyperV

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Wed Mar 16 19:42:16 EDT 2011

On 16 March 2011 23:16, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
> <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>> On 03/17/2011 12:46 AM, Ozy the barbarian guitarist wrote:
>
>>> As i wrote my articles in french, i'm willing to translate them so
>>> they could fit your wiki.
>>> Here's my inital article about Hyper-V & CentOS:
>>> http://www.badministrateur.com/en/node/66
>>>
>>> I'm not the best admin out there as my blog's domain name suggests
>>> (Bad Administrator :-), but all articles i wrote are tested and should
>>> work.
>>> I'm willing to help if needed.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Ozy.
>>>
>>> centos-docs account: OzydeJong
>>> proposed subject: Virtualization of CentOS 5 in Hyper-V
>>> proposed location: Howtos/Virtualization/HyperV

>>     I do not use Hyper-V myself ( I tried to avoid any Microsoft
>> product as much as I can, and I see no reason to use their hypervisor
>> since other free solutions exist) and therefore I cannot test, but I've
>> read the article and it seems sane enough. And quite similar to what one
>> must do to get better performance when using other popular solutions
>> such as VMWare.

> I almost forgot about the fact wolfy is fluent in French. I thought
> about asking Fabian because it has to do with 'French' and
> 'guitarist'. :-)
>
> The article looks like a useful addition to the wiki. I also look
> forward to seeing more contributions from Ozy.

Looking at the "pretty pictures" -- as my French is quite minimal --
the proposed article seems to be quite reasonable. (Even though I
detest all software emanating from that Redmond based company.) To
play devils advocate (hope I'm not treading on Russ' toes -- as that
is, ad init., his prerogative) and reply to Wolfy's "lack of vision",
I say "diversity".

So if Ralph (or Russ) would please create a wiki home page for Ozy, we
can then see what the English version of the proposed page will look
like.

Alan.