[CentOS-docs] http://www.centos.org/docs

Fri Apr 6 20:04:33 UTC 2012
Crunch <numbercruncher245 at gmail.com>

On 04/05/2012 07:26 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Docs we host, cant imply that the CentOS distro is the same as RHEL in
> everyway. We can however say that its built from the same sources and
> *should* be similar enough that all docs can apply.
I had a look at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ .
Interesting indeed, possibly boarding on absurd? The way you have
described it has a slightly more utility. As it says, we need to refer
to licensor(upstream) as original authors in the adaptation yet can not
imply that they endorse the adaptation.

> Its a case of someone putting in a bit of time, downloading the docs for
> EL6 from redhat.com - sanitising them, making sure the images and all TM
> objects are handled correctly, the right disclaimer is added to the
> footer of the pages, and we can host that on www.centos.org/docs
For starters, I propose replacing all occurrences of upstream's name and
replace all the upstream logos with CentOS ones. Somewhere near the end
of the document include the link to the original document.

> Looks like you quite nicely found yourself a niche issue that is waiting
> for a solution, and once solved can be a nice contribution as well.
Thanks, glad to help.

> If you need resources, on the machine side of things - just say so, and
> I can get something setup. Could you also send through two more things :
I should be fine on the machine side of things, thanks. I can do most of
the dev work on my machine but I will probably need somewhere to ftp the
files to so that people can get to them.

> 1) an intro about yourself, a brief snippet on history and what you are
> doing with CentOS : send that to this list
>

> 2) send me an ssh pub key to use for machine access: send that to only
> to one of us on the infra team, not to the list :) Although, its the pub
> component.. so putting that on the list should not normally be an issue.
I think leave the  ssh for now, I don't see the need. At most an ftp
account with apache pointing at the directory, so that people can get to
files easy enough. If it's good with you.