[CentOS-docs] documentation on installing dvd2 in 6.3 x64 release?

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Nov 27 01:54:25 UTC 2012

On 11/27/2012 02:04 AM, Edward Brabant wrote:

> Hello -
>      I've searched the CentOS 6.3 wiki docs (Help, Tips and Tricks,
> HowTo, FAQ, and website search) on how to install the dvd2.iso image
> on an x86-64 machine and can't find any info and the documentation is
> not yet posted for CentOS 6.x.  When the dvd1.iso for 6.3 x86_64
> installs, it does not prompt to install dvd2.iso.
>      Please provide a URL which describes how to install the dvd2.iso
> image on an x86-64 machine.

The split between the first and second DVD was made in such a way as to
minimize the need for the second disk. During a normal installation,
the second DVD is asked for only if you selected for installation
packages which are on this disk.

If there is anything on the second disk that you want to install after
the normal installation completes ( and you do not want or you cannot
access a CentOS mirror via network)  , you can use yum --disablerepo=\*
--enablerepo=c6-media to access the content of the disk ( you need to
mount it first )