[CentOS-docs] Translation of centos-art.sh script

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 14:32:13 EDT 2012

On 09/08/2012 12:39 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> I used another VM running the .ja version of CentOS-6 and did it from
> scratch. I ran 'centos-art.sh prepare' in a verbose mode.

Could you create another fresh VM for CentOS using English (en_US.UTF-8)
as default language? Then do all the preparation stuff through English
language. Later, once the preparation stuff is done, change the value of
your LANG environment variable to your native locale (ja_JP.UTF-8, I guess):

LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8

and run:

centos-art locale trunk/Scripts/Bash --dont-commit-changes --update --edit

and report what happened, please.

> It ran through instantly till the end of init.sh and then would not go any
> further at this step:
>
> # init.sh -- This function initiates the application's command-line
> # interface.  Variables defined in this function are accesible by all
> # other functions. The cli function is the first script executed by
> # the application command-line onces invoked.
> (snip)
> function init {
> (snip)
> }
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2)
> grep '^function ' ${FILE} | cut -d' ' -f2
> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/\\\0x27/g")
> echo $ARG | sed "s/'/\\\0x27/g"

Why you are putting the same lines several times here. In the scripts
they are present only once. What do you want to mean with this? Those
lines without closing parenthesis are indeed malformed lines. I did a
grep through the script and didn't find such malformed lines.

Could you be more specific about which step you are talking about and
the meaning of such repeated lines?

The init functionality, apparently where the problem is, is the first
file executed after executing centos-art.sh script. If there is an error
in it, the Bash interpreter would complain about it immediately without
getting any further.

> It is using cpu at 30-40% and I see :
>
> 2234 pts/0    S+    24:35 /bin/bash
> /home/yagi2/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh help

So did you pass the prepare step successfully?

> Hope this info helps you identify the problem.

Yes. We are on it :)

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>