[CentOS-gsoc] Rootfs Build Factory Idea. About CentOS for ARM not being available yet

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:16:20 UTC 2015

Hello,
 I am working on a proposal for the Rootfs build factory idea
http://wiki.centos.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas#rootfs-build-factory
Right now, I am working out the details, they are not yet ready for
presentation. They are just in the form of notes right now.

I discussed this project a bit on centos-gsoc on freenode last week.
I think we should use Python and Bash scripts for this project.
We have 2 months before the GSoC coding period starts. Since the
CentOS ARM images are not ready yet (at least not yet publicly
available), should we include the development of CentOS for ARM in the
GSoC Project? I would like to contribute to the CentOS ARM project.

About me:
My primary area of interest is Linux and my programming languages of
choice are C and Python. As part of my academics I have studied C,
C++, Data Structures, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Object
Oriented Analysis and Design, Microcontrollers, Image Processing,
Operating Systems and Database Systems to name a few. I am presently
in my third year of college. I have work experience as a software
developer and as a system admin. As a software developer I worked on a
wide range of projects ranging from development of system services
using Microsoft .NET, Networking services to Embedded Linux and
Point-Of-Sale terminals along with Smart Cards.
I have used numerous open source libraries under Linux including GTK+,
Clutter, Qt, Curl, BlueZ, FLTK, Gstreamer and worked with few
databases (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, SQLite). I've also done development
using Python(Twisted) and some web development using Django, PHP,
Ruby, Javascript. I have vast experience in installing and configuring
various Linux distributions including Gentoo,Fedora,Cent OS,
Debian,Knoppix,Ubuntu. I have also contributed couple of patches to
the Linux kernel (ALSA Project) to add support for a volume knob and
LED for a USB sound card . Details of the projects I've worked on are
here http://mndar.phpnet.us/resume or http://mndar.github.io/resume/

In my free time I like to drive, listen to music and enjoy
configuring/fixing computers.

I am subscribed to the centos-devel list as well. I look forward to
your feedback.

Regards
Mandar Joshi