[CentOS-mirror] New system question

Mon Mar 6 23:06:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 16:24 -0600, Graham Frank wrote:
> I used the ISO mirrors that you have listed down on the download page.
> For my home, it took me to the Madison mirror,which is the closest.
> However, all of my servers are being taken to Layered Tech instead of
> my mirror.

In the US, there are more than 10 mirrors, so it picks 10 randomly.
Then on the client, the 10 mirrors that are provided are ranked by
speed.  If you have a local mirror, you would be better off picking that
first and adding a couple others manually.

It is not buggy, we just have more than 10 mirrors, so your server may
not show up.  The GeoIP is based on country, it does not get down to the
city level, nor does it count the hops.  When we are talking about
close, we mean you will not get a mirror in Japan if you are in the USA.