[CentOS-mirror] Only .torrents to mirrors?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue May 2 18:47:45 UTC 2006

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> (we are consistently faster than Bittorrent during Fedora Core releases,
> for example, and that is an extremely popular fileset during peak traffic.)

With the CentOS releases, we've never had that sort of a problem with
.torrents - eg. at time of 4.3 Release, we had > 2 GB/sec offering
torrent seeds by over 20 machines, each one sitting on > 100mbps links
to the internet.

But, not everyone can use torrents, and it would indeed be a good thing
to have some of the mirrors offer it as a download.