[CentOS-mirror] mirror with DVD images (recap)

Kasparek Tomas kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
Fri May 5 05:35:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 12:07:26AM +0100, archive-admin at mirrorservice.org wrote:
> storage  +~25G
that's just about 6DVDs, I would expect more...

> and new target
replace (not add) eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS with this, or not?

> msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd

> includes everything + the dvd images

DVD images are for 3.7 and 4.3 only (for now?) is it ok?
(maybe it is a good thing to shorten the request for space, does anyone
ever need .iso of older releases, from my logs it seems that this is really
minority of people (I expect some really special cases) )

> we need to mail to say we  nclude the images?

I don't see such request yet, but if so, merlin.fit.vutbr.cz will be
mirroring DVD isos.

How is syncing between several rsync tagets done (mainly updates, but new
releases too)?

Thanks.

  Tomas Kasparek, PhD student  E-mail: kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
  CVT FIT VUT Brno, BI/140a    Web:    http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~kasparek
  Bozetechova 2, 612 66        Fax:    +420 54114-1270
  Brno, Czech Republic         Phone:  +420 54114-1220

  ICQ: 293092805  jabber: tomas.kasparek at jabber.cz
  GPG: 2F1E 1AAF FD3B CFA3 1537  63BD DCBE 18FF A035 53BC