[CentOS-mirror] dvd iso sync arrangements

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Tue May 16 10:42:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 mirror-maintainer at mirror.averse.net wrote:

> Hi Lance,
>
> I've completed mirroring the DVD images, and am willing to give it a try.
> mirror.averse.net / mirror.spanasia.net (interchangeable)
>
> http://mirror.averse.net/centos
> ftp://mirror.averse.net/pub/centos
> rsync://mirror.averse.net/centos
> rsync://mirror.averse.net/centos-incdvd
>
> I'd suggest that it's useful for separate and obvious rsync targets to be
> made available; it'd suck for someone downstream to switch from one mirror
> to another, only to find his existing DVD images wiped out.  It's not hard
> to create a new rsync target with "exclude = *DVD.iso" or "exclude =
> isos-dvd/"

I see what you mean - and think I agree with you :)

By the same token someone who switches to a mirror with dvd's that didnt
have them will get an extra 25 GB they didnt expect.

The latter is preferable as there are also *dvd.iso to consider.

The issue now is that we will need to get existing dvd mirrors to comply

Guys - any chance ....

Or do people not agree ....

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.