[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror Status System

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Sun May 28 20:14:36 UTC 2006

We have set up mirmon to monitor the status of our mirrors.

http://mirror-status.centos.org

Please check on the status shown for your miror as there are a few that
are very out of date , and a few uncontactable.

Any mirrors not listed are flagged as down in our database. Please advise
if they are back up.

This data will shortly feed into the mirror list on our website, and we
will be setting up a system to email admins when there mirror is bad.

Mirmon only checks the timestamp on the mirror , but does not check mirror
content, so is only a rough guide, sufficient to  tell whether mirrors
are bad, but in effect not whether they are good ...

Our mirrorlist system checks the validity of the repodata.xml file for
each repo by comparing it against the master and only offering those that
match, similarily our iso redirect checks the file details against those
on the master server so both check that the mirrors are good.

Cheers

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.