[CentOS-mirror] Corrupt ISO images?

David Richardson David.Richardson at utah.edu
Wed Nov 29 18:49:53 UTC 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Brian Boyle wrote:

> I've received a report of corrupt ISO images on our mirror server,
> ftp.heanet.ie:/pub/:
>
> centos/4/isos/alpha/centos-4.3-alpha-disc1.iso
> centos/4/isos/alpha/centos-4.3-alpha-disc2.iso
> centos/4/isos/alpha/centos-4.3-alpha-disc3.iso
> centos/4/isos/alpha/centos-4.3-alpha-disc4.iso
>
> I've verified that the ISO images do not match their expected MD5 sums,
> and re-tried downloading them all from the repository we sync from
> (eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS/), but the ISO's appear to be corrupt
> there.
>
> Is this a known issue? Is there a procedure or contact point I can use
> to talk to someone about this?

I see the same problem on mirror.chpc.utah.edu (I sync from
msync-dvd.centos.org), so I doubt the problem is at your end.

A very brief check reveals that the 4.4 i386 and x86_64 isos are OK, so it
looks like the damage is limited to the 4.3 Alpha isos.

Dave

--
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>
"It can be scary meeting new people, especially when they