[CentOS-mirror] Status of dvd iso for CentOS mirrors.

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Apr 17 16:30:09 UTC 2007

Lance Davis wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, J.H. wrote:
>
>> Kernel.org would is completely willing.
>>
>> However would it not make more sense to just set up a second rsync
>> target and explicitly exclude *DVD* or something akin to that so that
>> those not wanting the DVD's got everything BUT the dvd isos?  That might
>> be a lot quicker and simpler than doing a hard linked set of trees.
>
> Yes, that is fine. We hardlink the trees for other reasons (although
> they escape me at the moment :)

Both are pretty ridiculous, quite frankly.

Settle on a standard --exclude pattern, and you don't need two trees of
any sort.

Currently, I believe --exclude *-DVD.iso should work, but --exclude
*-DVD*.iso might be a better (future-proof) pattern.

One can easily export two different rsync modules with and without DVD
images, if that's at all desirable, simply by putting the exclude
pattern in rsyncd.conf.

	-hpa