[CentOS-mirror] Status of dvd iso for CentOS mirrors.

Lars Strand larstra at ifi.uio.no
Wed Apr 18 07:05:26 UTC 2007

On tir, 17 apr 2007, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Both are pretty ridiculous, quite frankly.
>
> Settle on a standard --exclude pattern, and you don't need two trees of
> any sort.
>
> Currently, I believe --exclude *-DVD.iso should work, but --exclude
> *-DVD*.iso might be a better (future-proof) pattern.
>
> One can easily export two different rsync modules with and without DVD
> images, if that's at all desirable, simply by putting the exclude
> pattern in rsyncd.conf.

I totaly agree. It's simpler for CentOS to administrer ONE single
repository, and easier for all of us have one repository to deal with.
Most of us have enough disk space for the DVD isos anyway. Those who
don't, can use a exclude pattern - which can be documentet on the
CentOS mirroring howto page:

  http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=22

It more KISS and most Linux distributions do this, so why can't
CentOS?

--
Lars Strand
GnuPG/PGP Key: http://www.gnist.org/~lars/pubkey.asc  ID: 972F4325