[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror

Bill Glick wglick at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 26 00:46:13 UTC 2007

Matt Martz wrote:
> On Tue, April 17, 2007 12:45 pm, Bill Glick wrote:
>> HTTP: http://mirror.ncsa.uiuc.edu/centos/
>>
>> I'm concerned that some of the images in the HEADER.images folder aren't
>> rsyncing.  Any idea why that's happening?
>
> This mirror has been added.
>
> As far as the images, what images aren't being rsynced and where are you
> syncing from?  If it is one of the msync servers what is the IP address
> you get from an nslookup?

./HEADER.images/centos_icon_60.png
./HEADER.images/centos_logo_45.png

We've tried rsyncing with the following msync servers, but none of them
provided the above imanges:
  us-msync.centos.org::CentOS
  msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd
  msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS

But, we're currently syncing with mirror.chpc.utah.edu::pub/centos/ to
get the DVD isos.  None of the rsync sources I've tried are letting us
sync these 2 images that are used in the html headers.

Also, do you need our rsync client's IP address to allow it to sync DVD
isos from the msync servers?  Our rsync client's IP address is as follows:
  141.142.2.158

--
Bill Glick
System Engineer, Production Services Infrastructure