[CentOS-mirror] Status of dvd iso for CentOS mirrors.

David Richardson david.richardson at utah.edu
Thu Apr 26 22:42:07 UTC 2007

> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Lance Davis wrote:
>
>>  There has been some confusion about the CentOS and CentOS-incdvd rsync
>>  targets , and the fact that some mirrors have dvd isos included in the
>>  CentOS target, so what we would like to do is to have a list of tier 1
>>  mirrors that : -
>>
>>  1. provide rsync access to the complete CentOS release tree
>>  2. would be prepared to act as a seed for new mirrors
>>  3. would be prepared to set up separate CentOS and CentOS-incdvd targets
>>  for other mirrors to sync against, either initial or recurring syncs (the
>>  trees would be hardlinked, so extra space required is minimal).

I have finally configured this on mirror.chpc.utah.edu. I now have three
CentOS-specific rsync targets:
* CentOS and CentOS-nodvd, which exclude the DVD images (by using the
   line "exclude = *DVD*.iso *dvd*.iso" in rsyncd.conf)
* CentOS-incdvd, which includes the DVD images.

Everyone is welcome to sync from me.

--
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>
"Today, we bring you greatest play in English language: