[CentOS-mirror] 5.1 released to mirrors

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Dec 2 07:52:49 UTC 2007

All,

CentOS-5.1 is released to the public mirrors (msync and mysnc-dvd).

We currently have the top directory (5.1) set to 700 permissions.  This
should allow you to download as your "rsync" user now, but it will
probably not be browseable on your web/ftp server.

We will change the permissions to 775 on the 5.1 directory as we get
more than 50% of the external mirrors with the 5.1 tree completed.

We are doing it this way on purpose to allow the syncs to finish BEFORE
people start hitting the public mirrors for yum updates.

Also note that we are syncing out with 15 total mirrors, BUT there are
more than 300 mirrors that sync from these ... so it might be slow going
for the first couple days.

Also, if any of you can spare EXTRA bandwidth on top of your public
mirrors, you could take a copy of the .torrent files from the 5.1/isos/
directories and seed the ISOs for bittorrent as well.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes