[CentOS-mirror] Gigenet mirror up

Matthew Martz mdmartz at gflug.net
Wed Feb 14 01:05:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, February 13, 2007 4:41 pm, Ross Hosman wrote:
> I don't see it or I'm just not looking in the right place.

You can check the status of your mirror at http://mirror-status.centos.org/

According to this page it shows that your mirror does not have the time
stamp files required to list your mirror as active.

I have looked at the structure of your mirror again and have found it to
be incorrect.

The required files are TIME and timestamp.txt.  However, I would recommend
having at minimum the following directories/files:

4/
4.0/
4.1/
4.2/
4.3/
4.4/
RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4
TIME
timestamp.txt

4, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 are links to 4.4.  This is recommended as yum
updates will use these when requesting updates that will update one
version to the next.

After you get this problem resolved your mirror will automatically be
added.  The script that checks the time stamp runs on 40 min after the
hour.

Cheers!
--
Matthew Martz