[CentOS-mirror] DVD Images, again, please?

Voll, Toivo toivo at acnet.usf.edu
Wed Feb 14 19:57:20 UTC 2007

We got some more disk and four times the previous procesor cores, so we
figured we'd add some stuff to our mirror, such as the DVD images since
a lot of our users want them. Alas, when attempting: rsync -[stuff]
msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd I get:

msync.CentOS.org rsync service (CentOS W)
---------------------------------------

[Disclaimer and stuff]

@ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS-incdvd'

What is the current recommended way for public US mirrors to mirror the
entire tree, DVD isos and all? I recall there having been restrictions
in the past for that rsync image from the root servers, but what is the
current status?

(msync-dvd.centos.org. resolves to 63.135.110.10, in case this is
helpful.)

Also, please shorten our mirror URLs from ftp.net.usf.edu to
ftp.usf.edu; the rest of the path remains as it was. (The old URL will
also remain valid for the foreseeable future.)

I'm also happy to report that you can now add HTTP as a supported access
method; the HTTP url is identical to FTP (except for the protocol part):
http://ftp.usf.edu/pub/centos/
ftp://ftp.usf.edu/pub/centos/

--
Toivo Voll