[CentOS-mirror] DVD Images, again, please?

Thu Feb 15 00:16:43 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 14:57 -0500, Voll, Toivo wrote:
> We got some more disk and four times the previous procesor cores, so we
> figured we'd add some stuff to our mirror, such as the DVD images since
> a lot of our users want them. Alas, when attempting: rsync -[stuff]
> msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd I get:
>
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (CentOS W)
> ---------------------------------------
>
> [Disclaimer and stuff]
>
> @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS-incdvd'
>
> What is the current recommended way for public US mirrors to mirror the
> entire tree, DVD isos and all? I recall there having been restrictions
> in the past for that rsync image from the root servers, but what is the
> current status?
>
> (msync-dvd.centos.org. resolves to 63.135.110.10, in case this is
> helpful.)
>
> Also, please shorten our mirror URLs from ftp.net.usf.edu to
> ftp.usf.edu; the rest of the path remains as it was. (The old URL will
> also remain valid for the foreseeable future.)
>
> I'm also happy to report that you can now add HTTP as a supported access
> method; the HTTP url is identical to FTP (except for the protocol part):
> http://ftp.usf.edu/pub/centos/
> ftp://ftp.usf.edu/pub/centos/
>
> --
> Toivo Voll
> Data Network Management
> Academic Computing
> University of South Florida

All DVD trees are strictly controlled by allowed IP, as we can't support
everybody and their brother rsyncing those :P

I have to add your IP to the allowed IPs to get those trees.

Is your IP that you will be downloading with the one that resolves from
ftp.usf.edu ... if so I can add that IP to the allowed to sync from the
dvd tree ...

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes