[CentOS-mirror] Master mirror servers broken or overloaded ?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Jun 19 07:33:08 UTC 2007

During the past day we've been unable to rsync to the CentOS master mirror
servers.  Timeouts are reported:

rsync: failed to connect to us-msync.centos.org: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(98)

rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(98)

Are these servers really down, or are they overwhelmed with unwarranted
rsync traffic ?  We run a Tier1 mirror server (mirror.fysik.dtu.dk) and
therefore need to rsync relatively quickly.

Is it time that the master mirror servers become restricted to Tier1
(and maybe Tier2) ?

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark