[CentOS-mirror] Mirroring Release of CentOS 5 Beta

Tobias Offermann to at hosteurope.de
Wed Mar 7 19:31:23 UTC 2007

Lance Davis wrote:
> In preparation for the public release of CentOS 5 beta, we would like to
> expand the number of mirror servers that have the beta as we expect it
> to be a popular download.
>
> So if any mirrors - especially ones with large bandwidth - can agree to
> the following please let us know :-
>
> 1. set up an apache virtual host as beta.centos.or

no problem.

> 2. set up rsync for beta.cenros.org with targets we specify

i think rsync does not bring any protocol inherent capabilities
for virtual hosting along?
so we would need a new ip for this host or mix your targets
with the existing ones? is it likely targets will collide? would
it be okay for you to "share" targets on this host?
(or maybe *does* rsync support virtual hosting?)

> 3. agree to sync regularily and only carry the latest beta download tree

(means to rsync with --delete? ;)

> 4. agree to remove the beta stuff when the beta test is over

no probleme here, sir...

if we can clarify point 2 we are willing to participate, if we
dont need to use a new ip adress. if capacities of servers are
low, then we'll do it though.

greetings,
tobi