[CentOS-mirror] Beta Site Up

William Dunn wdunn at cs.vt.edu
Fri Mar 16 13:53:27 UTC 2007

Me too!

My mirror (mirror.cs.vt.edu) has been serving up the centos beta for a
while, but our university's DNS update has finally gone through, so our
mirror is now accessable via:
http://centos-beta.mirror.cs.vt.edu/
(this points directly to the centos beta release)
and via rsync, too, at:
centos-beta.mirror.cs.vt.edu::centos-beta

Nothing has changed but the new domain name.  All the old domain names
will still work.

Our location is USA / Virginia.  Max connection speed is 100 Mbits.  If
you want to update the centos beta geo-ip stuff with the new URL, feel
free to do so.

Also, if you could update the page at:
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13
to reflect that Virginia Tech Cs department now has both direct DVD
downloads, as well as an rsync server at mirror.cs.vt.edu::centos thanks!

~Will
VTCS

Richard Ford wrote:
> G'Day All,
>
> centos-beta.candishosting.com.cn  is up ready to server the isolated
> penguin lovers of the middle kingdom.
>
> I am doing a sync now to make sure it is all up to date (and
> activating RSYNC as well).
>
> Do I need to do anything else?
>
> Clear, concise, succinct answers preferred.
>
> Cheers,
> RF.

William Dunn
Unix / Linux Administrator
Virginia Tech Computer Science Department
wdunn at cs.vt.edu / 540-231-3167