[CentOS-mirror] can you create problems with uid/gid?

William Dunn wdunn at cs.vt.edu
Mon Oct 1 14:42:34 UTC 2007

I noticed that /CentOS/5/os was giving me a 403 forbidden error, but
/CentOS/5.0/os/ wasn't.  I tracked the problem; the files in /5/ are
symlinks to the files in /5.0/, but they were owned by uid 503 and the
targets in /5.0/ were owned by uid 500.  My server is set
SymLinksIfOwnerMatch, and if possible, I'd like to keep it that way.
Will I introduce any problems for my consumers by changing all file
ownership to 500?

--
William Dunn
Unix / Linux Administrator