[CentOS-mirror] RayStedman.org Bandwidth

Sun Apr 27 13:48:02 UTC 2008

Alex Howells wrote:
> Long-term I consider "Mirror is a little slow for big transfers" better
> than "Mirror only works for 10 days of each month, then returns errors."

We try really hard to improve the user experience and the whole point of
having a well spread out mirror network is quite an important part of that.

I am not sure if you actually use CentOS or not, but if you check the
mirrorlist's handed out, there is never a situation where a mirror
returns an error that yum wont fail over to another mirror for.

If you really are running out of the b/w, and you want to drop back I
would recommend you go back to only doing CentOS-3 + 4 and drop CentOS-5
completely.