[CentOS-mirror] Replacing my mirror server

Mon Feb 4 20:41:48 UTC 2008
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Kasparek Tomas wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 05:47:14PM +0000, Mike Zanker wrote:
>
>> I'd also be interested to know what people who host the DVDs are seeing
>> bandwidth-wise - I have 3TB a month to play with...
>
> I have In: 172,50 G   Out:  4,66 T  Total:  4,84 T  for 01.2008, but this
> includes all traffic, mainly slax.org mirror. But from this you can see,
> that 3TB/month is not so big amount.

On mirror.chpc.utah.edu, I push about 250 gig every day, with spikes up to
about 400. That is all traffic for my box, which is an official CentOS
mirror and an unofficial Fedora mirror.

Based on my numbers, you would want to look at some sort of bandwidth
throttling. mod_bandwidth (for Apache) looks interesting.

DR

--
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>
"Mickey, what's pre-revolutionary France doing on a spaceship?