[CentOS-mirror] 5.2 Release going to mirrors

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Jun 22 04:20:49 UTC 2008

All,

We are releasing 5.2 to the mirrors via msync.centos.org and
msync-dvd.centos.org.

Initially (for the first 24-48 hours) the permissions on the 5.2
directory will be 770 ... which should put it on your mirror but NOT
show it via your web server.

We will change the permissions (flip the bit :D) on the 5.2 directory to
775 after we get a significant amount of external mirrors that show as
synced.

We are doing this to minimize bad updates (and/or downloads) until the
mirrors are fully synced.

If any of you have extra bandwidth and want to seed the Bittorrents,
that would also be appreciated as well, the torrent files are in the
isos directories.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes