[CentOS-mirror] Best Practice to sync only certain versions

Todd Reed treed at astate.edu
Mon Jun 23 15:12:51 UTC 2008

We are considering only syncing 4 & 5 on our internal mirror.  Below is
a script that was on the CentOS Mirror site.  Would I be able to use
this script to sync only 4 or 5?  Or, is there a better way to
accomplish this?

Regards,

Todd

File:        sync_centos.sh

------------------------------

#!/bin/sh

rsync="/usr/local/bin/rsync -aqHz --delete --delay-updates
--bwlimit=10240"

# this should be auto-selected, but the centos mirror script doesn't

# support selection by a specific protocol (i.e., rsync)

mirror=RSYNCURLGOESHERE::mirrors/centos

ver=4

archlist="i386 x86_64"

baselist="os updates"