[CentOS-mirror] Now serving DVDs

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Tue Jun 24 12:18:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 01:57:09PM +0200, Henk van Lingen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:41:32AM +0200, Henk van Lingen wrote:
>   >
>   > >  ( archive.cs.uu.nl / 131.211.84.186 )
>
>   >   Oke, can we try to solve the "@ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS-incdvd'"
>   >   prob now?
>
>   Hi Tru,
>
>   In a similar thread, you are talking about the "RFC on public centos
>   mirrors" post. I've looked into that, but I'm not sure I understand it
>   or if it's about our mirror. I think our mirror is "tier 1". In any case,
>   it is on the dutch research network "surfnet" and so has a fast
>   connection to the outside world. Is that enough to become included or
>   not?
It's definitely enough, once we have revamped our mirror setup.
Your mirror is currently a "regular" Tier 1 mirror, without
the ACL to reach the CentOS dvd rsync servers.

In the near future, I would like the reorganise the way it's done
(with/without dvd.centos.org -> large Tier1 -> Tier2 -> ...)
The current ACLs on the dvd servers was given on 1st arrived 1st served (more or less).
Now we can't accept any other direct rsync on our servers. That's not good
and that should be solved asap. But maybe not in the middle of the 5.2 release.

Best regards,

Tru