[CentOS-mirror] DVD Mirror

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Wed Nov 12 23:24:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:47:42PM +1100, Shaun Ewing wrote:

> On 12/11/08 10:53 PM, "Tru Huynh" <tru at centos.org> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to only allow new ACL from the largest public servers.
>
> Hi Tru,
>
> We are not currently carrying DVD images of CentOS.
>
> We can carry DVD images - it is not an issue for us. What is an issue for us
> is synchronising against different mirrors to ensure we always have the up
> to date images and DVDs.
>
> We would like to carry DVDs if we can gain access to the msync-dvd mirror.
> We can also provide http, rsync and ftp access to our mirror where required.

That would be great, our database only lists 8 official public mirrors in
Australia: 4 regular mirrors (non dvd) and 4 partial (not all arches, or not
all versions).  None of them has currently direct to the msync-dvd.centos.org
primary mirror, but http://mirror.exetel.com.au/pub/centos/ and
http://ftp.monash.edu.au are also carrying dvd (maybe from a tier1 public
server listed at http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13)

> Please let me know what your preference is. If you would prefer we remain in
> our current state then I am happy to do so. If you need another mirror in
> the apac region carrying everything (even if I extend our mirror to carry
> 2.x) then I am happy to do so.
Would you extend your offer to "donate" a centos.org managed server there?
:D, anyway thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Tru