[CentOS-mirror] New mirror - GE, Tbilisi, Georgia

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Mon Nov 24 13:08:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 02:09:31PM +0400, George Machitidze wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have prepared server for mirror of current centos version, please send me
> URL of your upper Tier server for european region - current servers are
> loaded and it's very hard to us to keep everything in sync, next day
> mirroring will be done and you can add it to your public list.
eu-msync.centos.org is the round-robin master mirror for EU
you can also use msync.centos.org or any of the public Tier1 mirrors
listed at http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

> If you have automatic redirection system like GeoIP and etc. please
> automatically forward GE country clients to this server, but, if possible,
> don't make it public for non-GE countries - our non-local connection speed
> is limited and foreign countries will not get any advantages with our
> bandwidth,
GeoIP is being used, so it should be ok for .ge.
The fastest mirror plugin will take care of providing the most
efficient mirror around.

> Thank you!
Thanks  for your support.

> Server name: alva.ge
>
> Server admin: George Machitidze <giomac at gmail.com>
>
> Server location: GE, Georgia (CAUCASUS, not US)
>
> Server address: mirror.alva.ge
>
> Server IP pool: 77.92.229.50-77.92.229.57
>
> Server protocol: http, ftp
>
> Server max. conn:  No limits - estimated server load is minor
>
> Connection speed: Global - limited, up to 50 mbit/s, Local to Georgia -
> assume unlimited (now 1 gbps, in future - 4 gbps)
>
> Server prefix: protocol://mirror.alva.ge/pub/centos/
>
> Update frequency: four times per day
At the moment, your current setup is incomplete, you need the top level files
for the release(s) you want to make available: at least for CentOS-5
timestamp.txt
TIME
RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
5->5.2

Are you going to provide a full (all arches/all versions) mirror or just
a partial one?

Best regards,

Tru