[CentOS-mirror] UK Mirror centos.zanker.org

Fri Nov 7 15:06:01 UTC 2008
Gavin Spurgeon <gspurgeon at dageek.co.uk>

Hi Mike,

>> I am currently running a CentOS Mirror (Here in a UK Data Centre) for
>> personal use. I run a private mirror of both x86 & x86_64 of CentOS v5.
>> I do have quite a large Monthly bandwidth allowance as well.
>> What are the typical stats of a mirror and I will see if I can turn my
>> private mirror into a public one...
>
> Gavin, mine's been running at about 1TB per month in total, but that's
> with all releases and architectures plus CD isos (but not DVD).

1Tb a month is a lot less that I thought... My mirror does not have the
.iso's just the YUM Repos mirrored.

Do I 'really' need to do the .iso's ? I would have thought the
BitTorrent is/would have been better to distribute the .iso's

"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything,
they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.."
Gavin Spurgeon.
AKA Da Geek