[CentOS-mirror] 4.8 moving to the Mirrors

David Richardson david.richardson at utah.edu
Fri Aug 21 18:59:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, David Richardson wrote:
>
>> If you wish to sync from me before the official release, the path is:
>> rsync://mirror.chpc.utah.edu/CentOS-hidden/ (this path also includes the
>> DVD images; if you don't want them, exclude *DVD*.iso).
>
> I really don't understand this -- we have had mirror skew with
> a last minute add on fix in the past, and people clearly do
> monitor this list trying to 'get a jump' on the 'latest' and
> then whine publicly when they get bitten.
>
> How is this a win to try to 'outsmart' the release managers'
> permissions bit flip?

You are incorrectly assigning a motive to my action. If I was trying to
outsmart anyone, I would like to think I'd have done a better job of it.

My motive was to aid the mirrors who sync from me (I believe that there
are some official mirrors that do so, since I have the DVD images and lots
of bandwidth).

If the CentOS maintainers wish me to refrain from such action in the
future, I will of course do so.

DR

--
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>