[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror in Germany

Tom.Rueger at uni-bayreuth.de Tom.Rueger at uni-bayreuth.de
Mon Dec 21 13:15:35 UTC 2009

Hi,
there's a little flaw in our entry in the mirrorlist for Europe
(http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=31)

In the line for "Rechenzentrum Universität Bayreuth" the RSYNC-Link has a
problem. It is "rsync://rsync.uni-bayreuth.de::CentOS/", in my opinion it
should be in the form "rsync://rsync.uni-bayreuth.de/CentOS", as it is at all
other mirrors.
The problem, I think, derived from the fact, that in my mail announcing or new
mirror I specified the RSYNC-Link with the option, one would use on the
command-line (rsync -aHv rsync.uni-bayreuth.de::CentOS ...) rather than in the
format of a Weblink, sorry for that.

An other point is, we are also carrying the DVD-ISOs on our server, please
change this flag accordingly in our line.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Rueger                          Tel. +49 921 55 3142
Rechenzentrum                       Fax  +49 921 55 843142
Universitaet Bayreuth               Mail Tom.Rueger at uni-bayreuth.de
95440 Bayreuth / Germany