[CentOS-mirror] New CentOS mirror at ftp.ntua.gr

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Wed Jun 10 15:22:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

we have added a CentOS mirror in our ftp server (over IPv4 and IPv6).
The available http/ftp/rsync URLs are the following:

   http://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/centos/
   ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/centos/
   rsync://ftp.ntua.gr/centos/

We have an 1 Gbps connection and the mirror is updated every four hours
from eu-msync.centos.org. Currently, we are carrying centos 5.* (i386
and x86_64 architectures). We are located in Athens, Greece and the
mirror is provided by NTUA (http://www.ntua.gr/). You could use
ftpadm at ntua.gr as an alternative contact point.

We would also be interested in mirroring/providing the DVD images. Are
there any special instructions (any rsync source) or should we just use
the torrents?

Regards,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE