[CentOS-mirror] rsyncing dvd repository

Carlisle G Childress Jr cgchildr at vcu.edu
Sat Oct 3 06:24:05 UTC 2009

FYI Here is the error I'm getting

$ rsync msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd

msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosk2)
---------------------------------------

This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide mirror
network
to synchronize mirrors.

Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror
use a mirror listed at
http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
notes at :- http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15

If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a
mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such mirror.

@ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS-incdvd'
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1503) [receiver=3.0.6]