[CentOS-mirror] 5.4 updates question

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 23:55:51 UTC 2009

Am 23.10.09 13:19, schrieb Paul Stewart:
> How often does the mirror network update and check for mirrors that are
> or are not carrying updates?  We have all the 5.4 tree on our mirror
> site but updates via yum are going to another site now….

What are you trying to accomplish? You will always get a set of mirrors
*close* to you regionally and the fastest-mirror plugin will try to
determine which of those mirrors that is.

You will *NOT* get back your mirror, even if that is in your network.
Well, it can happen, but it probably won't.

> Just wondering if we need to wait another 24 hours before doing updates
> for our own system?

No. If you want to use your mirror, then configure yum to use your
mirror. For example by installing a "yum-local-repo.rpm" which
overwrites the original yum configuration.

Regards,

Ralph