[CentOS-mirror] Hawaii Mirror

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Sun Oct 25 01:01:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 23.10.09 00:50, schrieb R. Scott Belford:
>> Synchronizing: Once Daily from the great folks at the OSU OSL, but, we
>> can pull from the master mirror more frequently if preferred.
>
> Yes, please. Try at least twice daily. Otherwise it can happen that our
> mirror checker flags your machine as "too old" and takes it "offline"
> for some time.
>
> Can you change that, before I add the machine?
>
> Thanks for supporting CentOS,

Aloha and thank-you.  I have adjusted our scripts to sync twice daily
at UST - 10.  I am also now syncing from the official mirror.  Over
the next 26 hours I expect to run three scheduled updates.  Barring
unforeseen circumstances, we should be current and in sync with the
master mirror in a few hours.

I failed to include our rsync address in my first post.
rsync://mirror.hosef.org/centos
mirror.hosef.org::centos

Is lower case okay, or do we prefer to name the directory CentOS?

> Ralph

--scott