[CentOS-mirror] Proposel - jigdo for iso Images
tru at centos.org
Thu Oct 29 20:38:25 UTC 2009
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 02:59:22PM -0400, Nick Olsen wrote:
> Addition of jigdo yes. Replace ISO's no.
> Educating joe sixpack on using something new, well I like to use
> altercation avoidance.
please no top posting ;)
There was a thread about jidgo in the archives and it boiled down to:
- someone has to maintain the jidgo package in the CentOS tree
(how would a CentOS user for C3/4/5 use jidgo?)
- document it in the wiki (how to use, at least)
- someone needs to make it work from the current setup
- how much burden will it put on the mirrors? centos.org ones and public ones?
(I have no experience on using it)
- no one volonteered.
- one more thing to check for the QA release process.
back to you :)
(in the todo list, we need to move from a pull mode into a push mode
at least on the centos.org infra, add more dvd-mirrors for the public mirrors,
maybe merge with/without dvd,....)
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/attachments/20091029/7f2df928/attachment.bin
More information about the CentOS-mirror