[CentOS-mirror] 5.4 updates question

Fri Oct 23 22:57:23 UTC 2009
Paul Stewart <pstewart at nexicomgroup.net>

Ok.. it's working now anyways.

We have *always* gotten our own mirror which is what caused the
confusion here.  I'd rather avoid having to manually touch all our
CentOS servers. ;)

Is there a reason why we normally wouldn't get our own mirror when it's
in our core network?

Cheers,

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org
[mailto:centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Ralph Angenendt
Sent: October 23, 2009 6:56 PM
To: centos-mirror at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS-mirror] 5.4 updates question

Am 23.10.09 13:19, schrieb Paul Stewart:
> How often does the mirror network update and check for mirrors that
are
> or are not carrying updates?  We have all the 5.4 tree on our mirror
> site but updates via yum are going to another site now....

What are you trying to accomplish? You will always get a set of mirrors
*close* to you regionally and the fastest-mirror plugin will try to
determine which of those mirrors that is.

You will *NOT* get back your mirror, even if that is in your network.
Well, it can happen, but it probably won't.

> Just wondering if we need to wait another 24 hours before doing
updates
> for our own system?

No. If you want to use your mirror, then configure yum to use your
mirror. For example by installing a "yum-local-repo.rpm" which
overwrites the original yum configuration.

Regards,

Ralph