[CentOS-mirror] Wrong mirrors return by the http://mirrorlist.centos.org/

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Wed Dec 15 12:07:01 EST 2010

On 12/15/10 7:37 PM, Tru Huynh wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 05:23:53PM +0400, Vahan Yerkanian wrote:
>>
>> Is this a bug or there is no mirror listed for AM (Armenia) in the db?
> probably a bug in our database, which countries should be listed?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tru
Well, the list should include centos.arminco.com among others if it's
region based, as far as I know it's the only local mirror for Armenia.
However Greece and Italy are quite far from here, so I'm not sure why
these mirrors also come up... What's the logic of the script at
mirrorlist.centos.org? Shouldn't it supply some mirrors to yum so
fastestmirror plugin tests these for speed and to pick one?

Kind regards,
Vahan