[CentOS-mirror] setting up local intranet mirror - checksum error

marcin stec stecenator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 20:30:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've just set up the local mirror for my 96 CentOS 5 workstations. The
mirroring script is taken from public-mirror howto and looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
rsync="/usr/bin/rsync -avHzL --delete --delay-updates" # replaced -q with -v
for debuging purposes, removed --bwlimit, added -L to follow symlinks
mirror=centos.politechnika.lublin.pl::CentOS # tried several different same
result
ver=5
archlist="x86_64"
baselist="os updates"
local=/toys/public/linux/centos
for arch in $archlist
do
for base in $baselist
do
remote=$mirror/$ver/$base/$arch/
$rsync $remote $local/$ver/$base/$arch/
done
done

It seems to work fine.

On client machines I put the my.repo file into /etc/yum.repos.d directory
and renamed CentOS*repo files to some other names to prevent loading them.
My repo file looks like this:

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
baseurl=http://blue.ibmedu.com.pl/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/

# updates
[update]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://blue.ibmedu.com.pl/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/

I configured directory alias in Apache on blue.ibmedu.com.pl machine and
started it. I't works fine: I get the directory listings and I'm able to get
the files via browser.

And now the problem:

When I start yumex on client machine I get this messages:

15:57:17 : Failure getting
http://blue.ibmedu.com.pl/centos/5/updates/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
15:57:17 : --> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
15:57:17 : Trying other mirror.
15:57:22 : failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from update: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.

I tested mirror consistency by putting the mirror addres I'm syncing with,
directly into repo file. Than yumex works fine.
I tried several different mirrors with the same result.
I tried yum clean all too.
The problem seems to exist only in updates repo. When I disable it in yumex
I can install base packages.

--
regards,
marcinek