[CentOS-mirror] 5.5 plan

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon May 10 23:30:54 UTC 2010

hi guy,

5.5 is presently syncing within .centos.org we hope to open this to
mirror sync in the evening tomorrow.

Please note that we'd like to embargo the tree till 22:30 UTC 13th May
2010. The rsync's are running with a reduced permission. We will
bit-flip fairly early in the day, so most mirrors should get about 36+
hours to sync the tree, and then another 10 - 12 hours for the bit-flip
to propogate through.

5.5 is just under 20G in size. Mirrors that carry the DVD will get about
29G.

5.4 will move to vault in about 2 weeks after 5.5 is released.

Many thanks to all you guys who run mirrors for the project, its always
appreciated.

Regards,

- KB