[CentOS-mirror] centoso4 tries to delete 5.5

Prof. P. Sriram sriram at ae.iitm.ac.in
Fri May 14 03:29:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, 13 May 2010, David Richardson wrote:
> centoso4 just tried to nuke my 5.5 tree. Thank heaven for --dry-run.

I did not pay heed and have paid the price; centosr3 just wiped out
everything in our (=ftp.iitm.ac.in) 5.5 tree except for some crud in the
x86_64 isos directory. Trying resync, seems to be coming through ok from
centosx3; it will take a day or two to repopulate ...

It would appear that there is a miserable failure of the master mirrors
system whereby some incomplete (and almost empty) mirrors have made it to
the list. I volunteer to be a part of whichever team does this so this
kind of stuff NEVER happens again. Where do I sign up?

--
sriram