[CentOS-mirror] IRC meeting regarding new mirroring system for CentOS

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:44:16 EST 2010

For me as a mirror admin, the only feature I don't like about
MirrorBrain is that I don't have the ability to log in and "check on"
or admin my mirror.

I mirror for a few different distros, and ubuntu's mirror manager is
quite poor as well.  I have an account, but can't get to it.  When I
fail a test of some sort, I get a not-very-useful e-mail, and no way
to get more info on what happened.  I usually end up just "waiting it
out".  It would be nice if I get an e-mail allerting me to something
being wrong, and then allowing me to log in and see.

I also like being able to specify some IP ranges I'm authoritative
for.  As my mirror is on a university campus, I'd love to be able to
enter my campus' IP ranges, and that way ensure that all my campus
gets my mirror.  So far, none of the OSes I mirror for (I don't mirror
Fedora presently) allows me to do that.

MirrorBrain sounds like it has a lot of the functionality, but only
available to the distro managers.  They're busy people; I'd rather not
bother them if I can handle stuff myself.

--Jim