[CentOS-mirror] Use of centos-mirror-announce list

Adam.A.Wenner at frb.gov Adam.A.Wenner at frb.gov
Wed Sep 22 15:13:09 EDT 2010

Hello,

While I believe that the centos-mirror mailing list offers extremely
valuable support to people running public mirrors, for those of us that
run private mirrors, it seems that many of the discussions are
less-than-relevant.  It would be useful if we could get some
announcement-only information (new release updates, expiration of old
versions from anywhere but vault, and such) posted to a different mailing
list, so that we can cut through some of the noise and just get
information relevant to announcement and mirror updates.

I noticed there is a centos-mirror-announce list that seems to serve this
purpose, but there have been no posts on it since February.
Is there any way to have just announcement-related messages use the
centos-mirror-announce list, or is there a different list that should be
used?

Thanks,
--adam