[CentOS-mirror] Ideas on steering yum to local mirrors

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:02:34 EDT 2010

Am 29.09.10 18:26, schrieb Randy McAnally:
> From: Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>
>> The problem is that we can *only* do GeoIP. The granularity of that
>> isn't fine enough at times (see above or other examples in this
>> thread).
>
> Maybe we return more than 10 mirrors in certain cases where many mirrors are
> close by?
>
> The problem is that, by randomly choosing 10 mirrors within X distance our own
> mirrors are not always returned.

Even if we return more mirrors (which shouldn't be a problem), the
fastest mirror plugin by default does not run each time. So if you
cannot control the configuration of those hosts, that does not really
help you much, although chances are greater that you are winning.

I am sure that a planned migration to a different mirror tool would be
better. But yes, that takes time.

Ralph