[CentOS-mirror] IPv6 Mirroring
kevin at steadfast.net
Mon Aug 1 15:16:30 EDT 2011
Karabir suggested we start getting together a list of steps that need
completion to deliver an IPv6-preferenced or IPv6-only list of mirrors
for IPv6-only clients using CentOS. Here's what I've got so far. Feel
free to add to it:
Steps are in order of priority:
- Establish at least two authoritative name servers for centos.org with
- Determine if centos.org registrar supports v6 glue, transfer to a
registrar that supports it if needed, then add the glue.
- Augment the current mirror database with a field for IPv6 support and
IPv4 support, filling in IPv4 as enabled for all existing mirrors.
- Build a list of centos mirrors which have AAAA records and/or consult
with mirror admins to identify the mirrors which are prepared to provide
preferred IPv6 connectivity to IPv6 clients.
- Prepare a separate monitoring system for IPv6 content to confirm that
mirrors are serving the content correctly over both v4 and v6.
- Modify the mirror list on mirrorlist.centos.org to provide IPv6
mirrors with a higher priority than IPv4 mirrors when the client
accesses it via its AAAA address rather than A.
- Add AAAA for mirrorlist.centos.org
Chief Technology Officer
Phone: 312-602-2689 ext. 203 | Fax: 312-602-2688 | Cell: 312-320-5867
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 261 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/attachments/20110801/044f1c0e/attachment.bin
More information about the CentOS-mirror